PARKER SMYTHE PRESLEY
Parker Smythe Presley was born July 6, 1905, near Sardis in Henderson County, Tennessee, the son of John Wesley and Aera Utila Presley. He completed his public school education at Sweeny High School at Sweeny, Texas. He then attended South Texas College at Houston for two years.
He enlisted in the U. S. Air Corps as a private on October 5, 1942, and had attained the rank of Staff Sergeant, when he received his honorable discharge on August 25, 1944. While in the Air Force he attended several Technical Schools.
He married Lucille Corrine Greer on February 4, 1928, and they have two children: Greer Parker Presley and William Wesley Presley.
He completed four educational courses in Fire, Marine, Automobile and Liability Insurance from the Aetna Agents School of Hartford, Connecticut and has been in the Insurance business since 1928, starting as office boy. He is now a partner in the L-K-S-Anco Agency.
He is a member of the Methodist Church, a Sunday School teacher and Superintendent of the Adult Department and Secretary of the Board and member of the Financial Committee.
He is an ardent golfer and the organizer and President for three times of the Texas Association of Left-Handed Golfers (formed in 1938). He is also a past President of the Houston Chapter of Left-Handed Golfers.
He received his degrees in Houston Lodge No. 1189 as follows: 1° November 25, 1947; 2° January 27, 1948, and 3° February 27, 1948. He was Secretary of Houston Lodge No. 1189 from 1956 to 1964. He affiliated with Gray Lodge as a dual member on October 7, 1964. He was elected Junior Warden in 1966-1967, Senior Warden 1967-1968 and was Master during 1968-1969.
He is a 32° Scottish Rite Mason and was honored with the Rank and Decoration of Knight Commander of the Court of Honour in 1965. He was Wise Master of Houston Chapter of Rose Croix in 1964 and Master of Kadosh of Houston Consistory in 1969. He is a Degree Master of the 27°, member of the Degree Teams Committee and on the Executive Committee in 1963-1964 and 1968-1969.
He is a member of Arabia Temple and served as the Potentate’s Aid in 1960.